We are seeking a highly experienced, full-time Information Systems Administrator to analyze and support business systems to facilitate efficiencies and improve business processes. This position will provide technical support for moderately sized networks that utilize personal computers and multiple Local Area Networks (LANs). The IS Administrator will also provide operational support for multiple, distinctive computers and their networks; install, maintain, and enhance software and hardware and peripherals.
This position will coordinate user training, perform data and access protection processes, and perform other related work which may include data input and record maintenance.
The IS Administrator will develop, implement, and maintain security policies and procedures to support the protection of all IT assets and the integrity and security of company data.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain strict confidentiality of corporate data at all times.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Use logic and analysis to solve systems problems.
- Regularly provides systems analysis seeking greater operational efficiencies within the core software tools that are utilized by the organization.
- Exercise judgment, decisiveness, and creativity in situations involving a variety of pre-defined duties subject to frequent change.
- Ensure a disaster recovery plan is developed and maintained.
- Continually analyze company needs and system requirements, keeping management apprised of current changes and recommendations.
- Effectively prioritize competing requests for service.
- Make minor mechanical repairs to computers and communications equipment.
- Provide technical and operational support and maintenance for computers and networks:
- Oversee network upgrades
- Provide technical support to company programs and staff in the use and interpretation of databases
- Assign logons and rights, print queues and directory structures
- Reset passwords
- Create departmental groups
- Run security programs
- Monitor and operate computer and telecommunications systems, including data lines, terminals and printers; trouble shoot hardware/software problems; coordinate with vendors for equipment repair.
- Administer off-site storage of data.
- Install and configure server hardware, workstations and various peripherals; install software applications.
- Provide communications support between systems.
- Assist in the development and production of system/end-user documentation for applications processing and procedures.
- Assist in the development and implementation of training activities and materials; instruct users on logon and document identification procedures.
- Generate reports and statistics, perform system backups, and retrieve documents.
- Provide technical support to company telephone phone users. (Cell, desk phones, and voicemail.)
- Maintain facility alarm and video surveillance systems, coordinate with vendor with issues.
- Maintain and trouble shoot time clock system and coordinate with vendor as needed.
- Read and understand professional journals and literature.
- May be required to address issues outside of usual work hours (onsite or remotely).
- Research and coordinate the purchase of IT related office equipment (computers, copiers, etc.)
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
- Licensure: None required
- Experience/knowledge of:
- On-site broad based user technical, operational, programming and analytical problem solving support
- Data processing methods
- Personal computer applications
- Database and spreadsheet concepts
- Maintaining network security
Salary Range: TBD
Work Schedule: 40 - 45 hrs/week